"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Use a coaster...

Have you ever heard those words from your mother?  I am sure I have said it a few thousand times. 
In an attempt to come up with a really cool (and cheap) craft for camp, I started blog searching.  I came up with several ideas but this one caught my attention.  Tony and I did not get to go to camp (insert very sad face here), so I decided to create some coasters for myself (and practice for next summer's adventures).  I really think the kids will like this craft next summer and it is so versatile.   
Supplies:
Tiles
Scrapbook paper (4x4)
Initials  (3.50 tall)
Corkboard
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Clear Acrylic Matte Sealer
Vinyl
Transfer tape

Coasters




I got the ceramic tiles at Lowes.  The white tiles are 4.25 x4.25 and very cheap $.16 each.  The brown tiles were on the discontinued table and were $.48 each.  I bought 10 of them and I wish I would have bought more.  When I went back to get more, they were all gone…bummer.   
Here is the scoop…
For the white tiles, I cut 4x4 pieces of scrapbook paper (I used the scraps from my previous project) and used Mod Podge to adhere them to the tile.  I cut out the four different P’s with matching cardstock using my cricut and used Mod Podge to finish.  After the tiles were dry, I gave them a couple of coats of clear matte finishing spray.   Finally, I attached corkboard to the back with hot glue I love how they look!   
For the brown tiles, I used brown vinyl and cut out the designs on my cricut using some cut files from Lettering Delights.  I used transfer tape to get the proper placement.  I put felt on the back of these tiles but the corkboard would work also.
I got this idea from Pinterest.  If you have not tried pinterest, you really should.  It is addicting.  Click here for the website that I used as my guide for white tiles.  Click here for the website I use for the brown tiles. 

Could be used as decorative also.

Makes a nice gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment