"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Making the most of it!

 I am so thankful to have an extra day off next week.  I am going to spent most of the day crafting...I am not sure what it will be yet but I am sure that I will be inspired.  Gotta make the most of my free time before my next graduate class creeps up on me!  I was thinking about that today as I was creating and realized that as soon as my class starts...my crafting will cease for a few months.  Good thing is does not start until October.  Just two more graduate classes left and then I will be a Master.  Master of what?..I don't know.  It has been a fun journey but I am ready to be finished with this chapter of my life. 


Today and part of yesterday, I created a treat for great friends who is expecting in a month or so.  Lauren and Adam have blessed my life so much.  I can't believe they are going to be parents soon.  Little Laikyn is going to so blessed to have such amazing, loving parents.  I wanted to create something special for the nursery and needed inspiration.  I turned to my favorite svgcuts.com.  Of course, they had tons of cute cut files and I had to make a decision on what it would be.  I decided that since Laikyn's name is spelled differently it would be fun for her to have it in her nursery.  So I chose to tackle the 3D Alphabet SVG Kit.

Before I started on Laikyn’s name, I decided I would try my own initial first to see if it was very difficult...(remember, I had not read the instructions or watched the video yet.).  Needless to say, the S was harder than I expected as you can see from the picture. 
My first attempt

After watching the video tutorial and reading the instructions, I realized that the S is the hardest letter to master and Mary recommends that you start with other letters first.  I am such a hard-head sometimes.  But the S didn’t turn out that bad…and it is just for me anyway!  It will be my little momento to "not" reading directions first!

This is the final project for Laikyn.  I hope that her mommy likes it.  I tried to match the colors of the nursery while trying to create a vintage, feminine feel.



I used LetteringDelights for the butterfly. I made the crochet flowers with a little instruction from my crafty mom.  Please feel free to comment.  I am always open for suggestions.  Don't forget to check out SVGcuts.com if you are interested in really cool cut files.


2 comments:

  1. love your letters... They really turned out amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way you embellished each letter!!

    ReplyDelete